Vacancy: Executive Assistant to Managing Director
We are searching for a dynamic and proactive Executive Assistant for our MD, to join our growing team here at Vyman Solicitors HQ in Harrow.
Vyman Solicitors is a fast paced, progressive law practice, committed to delivering high-quality, practical and cost-effective legal services. The firm covers a wide range of legal work, including corporate and commercial law, commercial litigation, and commercial and residential property. We have offices in Harrow, Pinner, London and Kent
In this new and exciting role, you will be assisting the Managing Director in leading the firm, managing the team and developing the business. You will be supporting the Managing Director with strategic planning, operational management, administration, facilities management, client work, and recruitment. You will also assist with marketing, publicity, and other business development initiatives across the firm. This includes helping to develop of our brand and individual practice areas, and managing and developing relations with strategic partners, clients and leads. You will adhere to the highest codes of professional conduct and excellent customer service.
What you will be doing:
Management & Administration
- Proactively implement tasks and projects delegated to you
- Attend meetings, take minutes and follow up action points
- Liaise with third parties in person by telephone and in writing
- Deal with, delegate or refer issues or queries as appropriate
- Liaise with third parties e.g. clients, recruiters, agents, suppliers
- Assist with recruitment and acquisition of other firms
- Assist with HR issues e.g. appraisal process
- Ensure office facilities are well manged and tidy
- At all times exercise high standards in a professional and pleasant manner
- Adopt a business like, polite and sensible approach in your telephone and written dealings
Marketing and Publicity
- Manage the firm’s publicity campaigns including via website, social media accounts, press releases etc.
- Oversee and help maintain firm’s website
- Create and track action plans for the development of practice areas, including following up with colleagues where appropriate
- Plan, organise and manage events
- Act as first point of contact re new enquiries about the firm’s services
- Help to establish and maintain new and existing business relationships
- Analyse data on business development and client relationships, and produce reports on business development initiatives
- Research for business development purposes
- Write letters in plain English and with a high quality of presentation
- Prepare and draft legal documentation to a high standard
- Audio typing and copy typing
- Raise invoices
- Credit control
- File maintenance, opening, closing and archiving
-Completion of Degree
-Advanced IT/Microsoft Office skills essential – particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
-Excellent planning and organisational skills with experience of working under pressure
-Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
-Excellent standards of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail
-Outstanding writing, proofing and editing skills
-Proactive, with the ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
-Demonstration of basic project management skills.
-Ability to work to deadlines and work well under pressure.
-Self-motivated- create and drive plans forward
-Significant experience in executive assistant or personal assistant role(s)
-Experience of using a relational database to store, retrieve, assemble and analyse information-
What Vyman Offers
-The post is full-time. Typical hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:30. Occasionally attend work events outside of office hours.
-Probationary period – 3 months
-20 days’ holiday per year.
-Company lunches or dinners
The position will primarily be based in Harrow
If you believe you fit the role well, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vyman Solicitors is an approved Pupillage Training Organisation and will offer one 12 month pupillage due to commence in 2018.
Pupils will experience a wide variety of court work in their first six months, as well as undertaking paperwork for their pupil supervisor and other lawyers within the firm. In their second six months, pupils can expect to be in both the Magistrates Court and the Crown Court on a regular basis.