We have dealt with a wide range of cases involving insolvent companies and individuals, having formed very close links with specialist accountants and insolvency practitioners. Together with these strategic partners, we offer practical and effective advice to struggling companies or companies already in administration or liquidation. Equally we are able to assist individuals who are having problems with debts and are considering bankruptcy.
Our insolvency expertise includes:
- Bankruptcy & Winding Up. We have considerable experience of advising creditors who wish to use the insolvency process as a tough step to help recover debts. We also able to assist individuals who wish to be made bankrupt so that they can make a fresh start.
- Restructuring. Where companies or individuals are struggling as a consequence of debt, we can provide practical advice as to how the insolvency process can be best used to protect them and perhaps allow a business to be saved.
- Administrations, CVAs and IVAs. The administration, CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement) or IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) route is an option for companies and individuals who are struggling to meet their liabilities. In appropriate cases, these procedures can be used to obtain a moratorium or breathing space to allow companies and individuals to reorganise and restructure their affairs with a view to saving a business or assets going forwards.
- Insolvency Claims and Litigation. We have substantial experience of acting on behalf of insolvency practitioners (trustees in bankruptcy, liquidators and administrators) and individuals involved in insolvency claims or litigation, for example, where claims have been made to set aside undervalue transactions, wrongful trading claims and fraudulent trading claims.
- Insolvency Transactions. We have considerable experience of acting for both administrators and liquidators, and companies dealing with them, in relation to business and asset sale transactions. In most cases, it is essential that such transactions are dealt with speedily and commercially.
- Other insolvency procedures. We can advise on other insolvency procedures including administrative receiverships, LPA receiverships, compulsory liquidations and voluntary liquidations.