Clients. Our specialist lawyers have worked with businesses from various sectors, from sole traders to large companies. We will take the time to get to know your business to tailor cost-effective legal solutions to meet your needs.
Philosophy. We believe prevention is better than cure and we will work hard to help you manage legal risk and avoid disputes. In the event of a legal dispute, advice from our expert lawyers will help you settle the issue quickly and fairly.
Our commercial expertise includes:
- Business Sales & Acquisitions. We understand that these transactions can be demanding and each case is individual. We work closely with clients to address their commercial needs and the particular issues arising in each transaction. Our lawyers will advise you on each stage of the process and work hard to finalise matters in the speediest, most cost-effective way. We have dealt with numerous transactions, ranging from the sale of owner managed convenience stores, to the acquisition of pharmaceutical companies worth millions of pounds. We also have expertise in dealing with acquisitions from Administrators and Liquidators.
- Business Sectors. We have developed particular experience in dealing with businesses in the following sectors:
- Clubs and Restaurants
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Dental Practices
- Off-licences and Convenience Stores
- Shareholders and Partnership Agreements. We have seen many businesses suffer as a consequence of disputes between partners. It is always advisable, from the outset, to record any agreements or understandings in writing. Whilst this does not guarantee there will be no disagreements in the future, it does provide for more certainty and helps to reduce the scope for argument.
- Commercial Contracts. We can assist you to draft a wide range of commercial contracts such as franchise agreements, agency agreements, distributorship agreements, conditions of sale and purchase, and so on.
- Business Succession Planning and reorganisation. We find that many of our clients have reached an age where they wish to formulate an exit strategy or pass the business on to others. Working with accountants, we can help formulate and implement a strategy for doing this in a practical and tax effective manner. We can help you ensure wealth is smoothly transferred from one generation to the next and will make sure you retain choice, control and flexibility when it comes to your finances.
- Family businesses. We have found it surprising that in many family businesses, there are no, or very few, written agreements. This is fine whilst all members of the family are getting on well. However, particularly if a dispute arises or one of the persons involved in the business dies, this can lead to numerous problems. We always recommend that agreements between family members are formally documented.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution. If you find yourself in dispute, our expert litigation lawyers can help you.
- Employment Matters. We are able to assist with contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
- Insolvency. If you have issues as a consequence of debt or insolvency, our lawyers are able to assist you.